Growing salt crystals – 2nd attempt
Following my previous attempt at this. I am now repeating the experiment with pure Sodium Chloride. I am also using a 250ml conical flask, which is much larger.
This time I used hot water from the kettle, taking a precaution of warming this up with warm tap water first, just in case the sudden temperature changed caused the flask to shatter. I then added Sodium Chloride powder.
I am now leaving this to hopefully grow some nice crystals which I would expect to be more of a cuboid shape. This prediction is based on:-
- Pictures of similar results
- The molecular shape of Sodium Chloride.
I am doing this for:
- Support the STEM Group events
- Hopefully can use this in a school to help children grow their own crystals.
- Personal interest
- Research purposes
- Better Equipped
- Paignton Library STEM Group
- Science Forums
- Discourse Discussion
- Qoto Mastodon
- Social coding
- Science Daily
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License