Sharing video from Nextcloud to Big Blue Button
Big Blue Button is designed to be a teaching platform, allowing the sharing of video for use in presentations. The following is a run through on how to share a video stored on NextCloud with your room on Big Blue Button.
- Login to Next Cloud and Big Blue Button
- Locate your video on Next cloud
- You may have to convert to mp4 (next cloud has an option for this)
You then need to share the link to the file but add /download?.mp4 to the end.
In this example I am sharing PeertubeLogin.mp4. To make things easier I have added a file with the links in
- So in this case I have share url (which is copied) as illustrated
- add /download?.mp4
- Share the above on Big Blue Button as illustrated in the video (hopefully)
It may seem complex but once you have done this a few times, you get used to it, If you then have a text file (so links are not clickable) you will find it easier to copy / paste the url to the video.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License