Our Vision is:
To deliver a regular event where the community can learn new skills within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and to establish a small community of enthusiasts that encourage the growth of local talent, increasing opportunities for employment.
We aim to:
- Facilitate an informal and friendly space for anyone interested in STEM, regardless of age or ability.
- Provide a space for like-minded people to meet up, with the common aim of learning new skills and sharing experiences.
- Offer some support to promote the advancement of technical skills such as programming and electronics.
- Encourage parents with their children to take an interest in STEM subjects.
- Operate a safe space where enthusiasts can work on their own projects.
- Encourage and support social interaction between attendees.
- Support the local community by signposting them to other groups or organisations who can provide services such as website design, computer repair etc.
Some of our regular activities will include:
- Coding in Scratch or Python.
- Simple Robotics.
- Exploring the Raspberry Pi and BBC Micro:bit.
- Building and Programming projects with Lego WeDo and Lego Mindstorms.
- Learning more about Electronics/Engineering.
- Science Demos.
Held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at Paignton Library (currently in the I.T Suite). This is one just one session – 11am to 3pm. however we do try and have a lunch break at some point.
Booking is essential for each session as numbers are limited – please phone the library on 01803 714460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Under 8’s must be accompanied by a parent.