A regular event where the community can get together, share STEM projects, work on projects and collaborate with others. A place where people can seek help from others or share their own expertise.
We have a good size room available, which has tables, chairs, and access to sinks and water.
Held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at Paignton Library from 11an to 15:00. From September 2023 we will be in room 12 as this has access to sinks and work surfaces for science experiments or working / building small / medium size items where space is needed for component parts etc.
We aim to:
- Facilitate an informal, safe and friendly space for anyone interested in STEM, regardless of age or ability.
- Provide a space for like-minded people to meet up, with the common aim of learning new skills and sharing experiences.
- Offer some support to promote the advancement of technical skills such as programming and electronics or science skills such as Chemistry / Physics & Biology.
- Encourage parents with their children to take an interest in STEM subjects.
- Operate a safe space where enthusiasts can work on their own projects.
- Encourage and support social interaction between attendees.
- Support the local community by signposting them to other groups or organisations who can provide services such as website design, computer repair etc.
- Facilitate discussions on current science topics and research
- Facilitate discussions on how science can be used to solve problems, e.g climate change
- Encourage use of critical thinking, problem solving and scientific research to help with the above
Please phone the library on 01803 714460 or email email@example.com for information.
Please note : This will send a carbon copy of your e-mail to the Paignton Library STEM Group e-mail account.