Education and Training
This is a list of recently completed, more formal education or training courses. Also lists other learnng such as webinars,or shorter casual courses. This is not a full list. Will be updated as new learning is undertaken.
IT / Computing Related Courses
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire, College
- Digital Skills – Level 1 Certificate – Completion date 6th May 2020
OpenLearn (—> present)
OpenLearn is part of the Open University. I am undertaking courses mostly for personal interest, some are useful for career development.
Open University 2005 – 2012
- December 2012: Certificate in Contemporary Science (c70) – Level 4 : Cert Cont Sci (Open)
July 2010: Certificate in Supporting learning in Primary schools (c60) – Level 4 : Cert SLPS (Open)
FutureLearn courses (2018)
July 2020 – Teaching Primary Science : Getting Started (in [progress)
- Teaching Programming in Primary Schools Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Prepare to Run a Code Club Raspberry Pi Foundation
Teaching Physical Computing with Raspberry Pi and Python Raspberry Pi Foundation
Course : Responsive Web Design (current)
- 9th July 2020 – Organising and Managing your Overleaf Projects
- 2nd July 2020 – Overleaf for institutions
- 30th June 2020 – Writing a CV in Overleaf
- 20th May 2020 – Effective Collaboration with Overleaf
- 29th April 2020 – Introduction to Overleaf pt 3 (Advanced Functions)
- 8th April 2020 – Introduction to Overleaf pt 2 (Intermediate Functions)
- 2nd April 2020 – Teaching with Overleaf
- 31st March 2020 – Introduction to Overleaf
30th July – How to Create Professional Looking Documents In-House
9/4/2020 – Covid 19 – Free course – Highfield Learning.
Lego WeDo Training
17/1/2020 – Lego WeDo training session to explain about an event to encourage STEM. This event will be held at the Library in June.
- How to use Lego WeDo
- Lego WeDo Hub
- Lego WeDo Software
- Programming the Lego WeDo Hub.
22/08/2019 – Raspberry Pi Foundation Safeguarding e-learning module
14/1/2019 – Child Protection in Education – Educare
24th February 2018: Introduction to Child Protection (Torbay Council)
16th February 2018: Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness.
Prevent / WRAP Courses
- 22/5/2020 – ACT Action Counters Terrorism Awareness v2. (e-learning)
- 04/07/2020 – Home Office – Prevent Training,
- 09/5/2020 – Home Office – Prevent referrals course part 2 – Channel Process
- 10/12/2019 – ACT Action Counters Terrorism Awareness. v1.0 (e-learning)
- 8/5/2019 – WRAP Workshop
Completed Seminars (Introduction to Online Safety)
21/1/2020 – Online Bullying
19/11/2019 – Gaming
24/9/2019 – Sexting and other harmful behaviours
18/6/2019 – Social Media
23/4/2019 – Introduction
Health & Safety
18th August 2018 : Heath & Safety in the laboratory and field – Open Learn
21st Feb 2018 Introduction to Health and Safety – Virtual College.
4th September 2016: Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering – online.
STEM Ambassador Training
- 27th July 2019: Induction – STEM Website