STEM Group Write up
We did get some science experiments completed, mostly Red Cabbage indicator, so we got to test a few solutions to see / confirm if they were acid or alkali.
Some other experiments included:-
- Copper Plating using Copper Sulfate. This did work as we ended up with an iron nail coated in copper. The copper foil was mostly gone, other than that within the clamp on the side of the beaker.
I now need to get some more Copper Sulfate.
- Coins in vinegar also worked.
- Also set up Magnesium Ribbon in White Vinegar. There is a video here showing what this looks like.
Has come help from Carolen, who is another library volunteer and a teacher.
We did set out the Lego WeDo, someone did come and looked at this, but I was just too busy with the Chemistry stuff to help much.
Hopefully get some more science done next month on the 8th April.